Testing at Crabapple Martial Arts Academy
Everything you need to know about Rank Promotional Testing at Crabapple Martial Arts Academy
All the things you need to know to be ready
for your first/next karate belt test.
Congratulations! You/Your student have been putting in hard and diligent work in class. And now you are wondering how progression through the Martial Arts ranks works at Crabapple Martial Arts Academy. Below are some frequently asked questions about the process of testing for rank promotion at Crabapple Martial Arts Academy in Alpharetta Georgia.
Rank specific curriculum requirements will be shared in class with each student.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do we test?
- Rank Promotional Testing is held quarterly (March, June, September, December)
What is required and expected of my student/myself for testing?
- Students MUST wear their full uniform: Gi Top, Gi Pants and Belt. DO NOT WEAR JUST THE T-SHIRT.
- A Basic Student must also have attended a minimum of 12 classes at their current rank and must have earned the minimum stripe requirement of 6 Red Attitude Stripes and 4 Self Discipline Stripes.
- An Intermediate Black Belt Training Student must also have attended a minimum of 20 classes at their current rank and must have earned the minimum stripe requirement of 8 Red Attitude Stripes and 4 Self Discipline Stripes.
- An Advanced Black Belt Training Student must also have attended a minimum of 20 classes at their current rank and must have earned the minimum stripe requirement of 10 Red Attitude Stripes and 6 Self Discipline Stripes.
- Character Development Stripes sheets can be found here: Character Development at Crabapple Martial Arts Academy
Do I need to sign up for testing?
- Yes! several weeks prior to Test Week, you will receive an email that contains a registration link. There you will select the rank you are testing for, as well as the day you plan to attend the test.
- Testing occurs regular class times.
- Basic Students: Testing will take place Monday or Tuesday of Test Week and will be completed in class
- Intermediate Black Belt Training Students: Testing will take place Monday or Tuesday during regular class times. If we need additional time, then we have Wednesday and Thursday to complete the test. However expect that the test will take both days (Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday).
- Advanced Black Belt Training Students: Testing will take place Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday, during regular class time. Testing students are required to attend BOTH days. No Exceptions.
If I pass my test when do I receive my new belt?
- The Saturday following Test Week is our Promotion Ceremony Day. Those students that have passed their test will participate in Board Breaking and receive their new belt during the ceremony, along with any awards they have earned. Students are expected to arrive in full uniform for Promotion Ceremonies (Gi Top, Gi Pants and Belt).
What is the cost of Testing?
- At Crabapple Martial Arts Academy, there are no fees required to test for a rank. We believe that a student’s progress should never be associated with financial commitment.
- However, if a students earns a new belt, there is a $25 Promotion fee which covers the cost of the belt. For ranks that do not require a new physical belt, there is no promotion fee.
Crabapplemartialarts.com and Crabapple Martial Arts Academy has been selected the nation’s #1 martial arts schools for SIX YEARS IN A ROW by the American Budokai International and The Professional Association of Martial Arts Instructors (PAMAI)!
Founded in 2013 by Mr. C. Matthew White a 5th degree Black Belt in Karate and 6th degree Black Belt in Jiu Jitsu, and Master Instructor, Crabapple Martial Arts and Karate lessons for pre-school children ages 4-6 and elementary age kids ages 7 and up are designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
Crabapple Martial Arts Adult Karate training is a complete adult fitness and conditioning program for adults who want to lose weight, get (and stay in shape) or learn self-defense in a supportive environment.
Instructors can answer questions or be contacted 24 hours or the day, 7 days a week at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at 770-645-0930. You can also visit our website at CrabappleMartialArts.com.
About C. Matthew White, Renshi: Matt is a fifth degree black belt in a traditional Japanese and Okinawan Martial Arts – Shuri Ryu Karatedo and also a sixth degree black belt in Japanese Jiu Jitsu – Shintoyoshin Kai Jiu Jitsu, and is a master instructor with a title of Renshi, which means Scholar in Japanese. He has a bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Physiology. He has been training and teaching martial arts for over 27 years and has owned Crabapple Martial Arts Academy since 2013. Renshi White is a motivational speaker and educator and teaches seminars in bullying, business, and martial arts training, around the world.
Crabapple Martial Arts Academy Headquarters is in Alpharetta, Georgia at 12315 Crabapple Road., Suite 124, Alpharetta GA 30004. You can locate the Chief Instructor, Sensei Robert Reed there directly at (770) 645-0930.